It's summer and when it comes to exercise, there are some things to consider to stay safe in the heat. Fitness expert and Iron Man Tom Holland the lead instructor on the Herbalife24Fit dvd series shares tips for keeping cool and staying safe during a workout.
Tom's Fitness tips:
1. TIME: Try to exercise in the early morning or late afternoon if possible. Avoid running between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
2. CLOTHING: Wear light-colored, performance-wear wicking materials. Stay away from cotton and don’t go shirtless.
3. HYDRATE: Drink plenty of water before, during and after a workout.
4. ADJUST YOUR GOALS: You simply cannot go as fast in the heat.
5. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY: Be mindful, if you stop sweating, that is a sign of trouble.
6. COOLING VEST: Elite athletes cool down before competition with cooling vests.
Herbalife has announced that it is now the Official Nutrition Sponsor of Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Portuguese international, who plays his club football for Real Madrid in Spain, is recognized as one of the best players in the world on the pitch and a global sports icon off the field. Herbalife will work with Ronaldo to develop and optimize his personal nutrition program and provide him with a range ofsports nutrition products.
“Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the greatest football players in the world, and someone who embodies our philosophy of good nutrition being at the core of a healthy, active life, and a key advantage in the competitive world of professional sport. His passion and belief will undoubtedly translate into tremendous opportunities for Herbalife and our independent distributors. We love and share his commitment and enthusiasm for this relationship and are excited about the future together," said Michael O. Johnson, chairman and CEO of Herbalife.
The five-year, multi-million dollar contract with Ronaldo includes global publicity rights and various joint promotional activities. It also includes the opportunity for Herbalife and Ronaldo to work together to develop a new co-branded range of sports nutrition products.
"I believe strongly in the importance of the right nutrition for me as an individual, both on and off the field. I am looking forward to working with Herbalife, as a company that shares my passion and brings such expertise and knowledge in the area of sports nutrition,” said Ronaldo.
Ronaldo joins more than 100 other Herbalife-sponsored athletes and teams.